No-Frill Valentine’s Day Desserts from Taste of Home
Looking for a last minute, no-frill dessert to whip up for your sweetie in time for Valentine’s Day? Taste of Home magazine, the #1 food & entertaining magazine in the world, suggests this simple and elegant recipe for Pots de Crème. Served in pretty, stemmed glasses, this chocolaty custard is sure to set the mood for a special evening.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the egg, sugar and salt. Whisk in cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth. Pour into small dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
For more dessert recipes, check out Taste of Home’s latest cookbook – “Bakeshop Favorites." Complete with more than 383 bakery-inspired recipes for everything from classic cookies to luscious cheesecakes, the book focuses on easy-to-make desserts that are sure to impress.
Additional recipes and V-Day ideas can be found by visiting www.tasteofhome.com/valentines.