Brookfield Academy Students Named National Merit Semifinalists
Eleven students were chosen as semifinalists — a record number for the academy.
A record number of Brookfield Academy students were selected as National Merit semifinalists. Last year four students earn semifinalist selection; this year the following students were chosen:
- Luc Boyce (Wauwatosa)
- Michael Courchaine (Sussex)
- Peter Gardner (Brookfield)
- Gabriella Gastevich (Elm Grove)
- Maria Hughes (Pewaukee)
- Arek Kashian (Muskego)
- Mary Liz Kim (Brookfield)
- Alison Sharpless (Elm Grove)
- Mahalia Sobhani (Brookfield)
- Andrea Sommer (Brookfield)
- Regine Torres (New Berlin)
"Brookfield Academy congratulates these students and wishes them the best of luck in their pursuit of a National Merit Scholarship Award," said Bridget O'Donnell, academy director of marketing.
Semifinalists represent less than one percent of all high school seniors in the country.
The students will be considered for National Merit Scholarships, with winners to be announced next spring.
For more information about the National Merit program, see the organization's website at www.nationalmerit.org.