Playoff Pairings Announced for East, Central, Academy
The Spartans, Lancers and Blue Knights now know who they will play in the first round of the WIAA football playoffs. Brookfield East and Central will have home field advantage, while Brookfield Academy will be on the road.
After Friday's night's Greater Metro Conference title win for Brookfield East, Saturday brings the pairings for the first round of the playoffs.
Both Brookfield Central and East qualified for Division 2 and both will host their first playoff games at 7 p.m. Friday night.
Brookfield Academy (#8) qualified for Division 5 and will play (#1) Brillion Friday. The winner moves on in round two to face the victor of Friday's Kenosha St. Joseph (#5) at Cedar Grove-Belgium (#4) game.
Brookfield East (#1), which stopped Sussex Hamilton's Drew Patterson's rush at the one-yard line Friday night to win in overtime 14-13, will host Milwaukee Bradley Technical (#8).
The victor advances to round two to face the winner of Friday's Wauwatosa West (#4) at Greendale (#5) matchup.
Brookfield Central (#3), which ended the regular season with a 14-0 loss Friday to Menomonee Falls, will host South Milwaukee (#6). The winner will face in round two action the victor of Friday's Messmer/Shorewood (#7) at Whitefish Bay (#2) bout.
- See the full WIAA playoff football pairings, as well as Patch coverage of the Spartans and Lancers football, plus some handicapping of all Milwaukee area conferences and teams.
Seventeen schools within the Milwaukee Patch area are included in this year’s playoff field. Patch-area schools are:
- Division 1: (5 teams) Menomonee Falls, Sussex Hamilton, Muskego, Oak Creek and Racine Horlick
- Division 2: (7 teams) Waukesha West, Brookfield Central, Brookfield East, Greendale, Shorewood/Messmer, Wauwatosa West and Whitefish Bay
- Division 3: (2 teams) Whitnall, Catholic Memorial
- Division 5: (3 teams) Brookfield Academy, Martin Luther and Racine St. Catherine’s
Other Patch-area postseason matchups include:
- Appleton East (#6) at Menomonee Falls (#3) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Middleton (#6) at Sussex Hamilton (#3) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Milwaukee Hamilton (#8) at Oak Creek (#1) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Muskego (#6) at Badger (#3) – Saturday, 4 p.m.
- Racine Horlick (#7) at Franklin (#2) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Waukesha West (#7) at Waterford (#2) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Milw. Bradley Technical (#8) at Brookfield East (#1) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Wauwatosa West (#4) at Greendale (#5) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- South Milwaukee (#6) at Brookfield Central (#3) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Messmer/Shorewood (#7) at Whitefish Bay (#2) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Whitnall (#8) at Wisconsin Lutheran (#1) — Friday, 7 p.m.
- Brown Deer (#6) at Catholic Memorial (Carroll University) (#3) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Brookfield Academy (#8) at Brillion (#1) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Martin Luther (#6) at Laconia (#3) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Howards Grove (#7) at Racine St. Catherine’s (#2) at Horlick Field – Friday, 7 p.m.