Police Roundup: Woman Arrested For Spitting At Police
Police report also details several thefts, an assault and a drunk driving arrest.
A 52-year-old woman faces a series of charges after she she spit at a Brookfield police officer on Jan. 2.
Officers were called to the residence at 5 p.m. in the 14500 block of Woodland Place because the woman, who was allegedly drunk, was out of control, according to the police report.
The woman faces disorderly conduct, resisting and possession of marijuana charges along with a charge for spitting at the officer.
Other police reports from between Jan. 1 and Jan 3:
- An employee at Miss Pole, 17800 West Bluemound Road, was punched in the face by a woman at 8:30 p.m. Jan. 3. The assailant entered the store, struck the woman employee and then fled.
- Two laptops were stolen from Best Buy, 19555 W. Bluemound Road, at 7 p.m. Jan. 3. The suspects are believed to be two black men between the ages of 20 and 30 years old. One of the men was about 5 foot, 10 inches and the other was about 6 feet tall. They fled in a dark Honda Accord or Acura.
- A total of $2,335 in audio/visual equipment was stolen in a burglary from the Best Western, 1005 S. Moorland Road. The theft, which was reported on Jan. 3., occurred sometime during the previous month. Burglars pried open a door to steal microphones, a projector and a docking station, according to the police report.
- A 56-year-old woman was arrested for drunk driving at 10 p.m. Jan. 2 in the 19300 block of West North Avenue. According to police, the woman has two prior operating while intoxicated convictions.
- Three bottles of vodka dropped out of the winter coat of a thief when they were apprehended at the Pick n' Save, 17295 W. Capitol Drive, at 9 p.m. Jan. 2. The suspect fled without the booze.
- A homeowner in the 2500 block of Sheraton Road called police on Jan. 2 to report that a snowmobiler drove through her property twice during the last few weeks.
- Two laptops and a radio were taken in a break-in from Sunbelt Bus, 330 S. Executive Drive, between Dec. 31 and 7:15 a.m. Jan 2.