Week Ahead: Concealed Carry, School Closing, East Homecoming
Also up this week: the Blessing of the Animals at St. John Vianney, Imperial Park development discussion and a wine tasting.
Brookfield Patch offers a glimpse into the next week's news and events. To see or upload more events, see our events listings.
- City employee salary and benefits: The Human Resources and Personnel Committee will discuss 2012 wages, as well as the question of whether represented employees must start contributing to their pensions before their union contracts expire. Meeting is at 7 p.m. Monday at City Hall, 2000 N. Calhoun Rd.
- Imperial Park construction: The city's Park and Recreation Commission might approve development plans for Imperial Park at a 7 p.m. meeting Monday at City Hall.
- School closure meeting: Elmbrook School District officials will explain why they are recommending closing Hillside Elementary School and seek community feedback. Meeting is at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Brookfield Central High School cafeteria, 16900 W. Gebhardt Rd.
- Banning guns in city buildings: The city's Legislative & Licensing Committee will discuss whether to adopt exceptions to the state's new concealed carry law to prohibit the carrying of firearms into city buildings. Meeting is at 7:15 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall.
- Shire landfill committee; wind turbine plan: The Common Council may vote on dissolving the Shire landfill committee and a plan by R.A. Smith National to erect a rooftop wind turbine on its Blue Mound Road office. Meeting is at 7:45 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall.
- Homecoming football game: In a big game that could be for the GMC conference championship, Brookfield East High hosts Marquette, 3305 Lilly Rd. Game start: 7 p.m., following other homecoming events.
- Vote for Marquette at Brookfield East to be the WISN TV Game of the Week on Oct. 7. If selected, it will be broadcast live on ESPN radio and featured on WISN TV’s Operation Football.
- Homecoming events: Fairview South and Brookfield East High School have weeklong homecoming festivities, including pep rallies and football games on Friday.
- Flu shot clinics will be held at 7:30 a.m. Monday at Culvers, 3705 N. 124th St.; at 3 p.m. Tuesday at Brookfield Lutheran Church, 18500 W Burleigh Rd. Each location link has more information on costs, discounts.
- Parent Network meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday in the Elmbrook administration building, 13780 Hope St.