Among other big-name companies and organizations, Amway Home, the Knights of Columbus and the son of Wal-Mart's founder have used their checkbooks to express opposition to gay marriage.
Nine other companies, organizations and prominent individuals have recently donated money to anti-gay marriage organizations after thousands of "traditional marriage" supporters nationwide for a national "eat-in," according to the Huffington Post. This was all sparked by Chick-fil-A COO and President Dan Cathy's public comments against gay marriage.
Chick-fil-A's charitable foundation, the WinShape Foundation, has donated to the National Organization for Marriage, the Ruth Institute, the Pennsylvania Family Institute, Focus on the Family and Exodus International, among others, all fighting to ban marriage for same-sex couples and some advocating to "cure" homosexuality, Huffington Post reported.
Those who have also donated to anti-LGBT organizations include:
- Amway Home
- The Knights of Columbus
- Jim Walton, son of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton
- National Organization for Marriage
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Domino's founder, Thomas S. Monaghan
- CEO of A-1 Self Storage, Terry Caster
- Co-Founder of WordPerfect, Alan Ashton