The UW Chamber Orchestra will perform a free concert Thursday at the .
The performance begins at 7:30 p.m. at the center, 19805 W. Capitol Dr. For free tickets contact the box office at (262) 781-9520.
The concert is generously sponsored by JoAnne and Donald Krause of Brookfield and is the fifth outreach concert by UW-Madison School of Music ensembles the couple has supported at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center since 2007.
Directed by James Smith, the UW Chamber Orchestra is comprised of 34 undergraduate and graduate students at UW-Madison’s School of Music.
Thursday's program will begin with the Overture to “Don Giovanni” by Mozart, directed by graduate assistant conductor David Grandis, and end with “Symphony No. 3” by Schubert. Daniel Grabois, assistant professor of horn, will be the soloist for the featured work, “Horn Concerto No. 2” by Richard Strauss.
Among the members of the orchestra are a number from the greater Milwaukee area, including:
- Mariah Schultz, violin, of Milwaukee, a 2009 graduate of the Milwaukee High School of the Arts. She is a junior (Bachelor of Music) majoring in violin performance who studies with Felicia Moye.
- Patrick Wade, violin, of Milwaukee, a 2006 graduate of the Milwaukee High School of the Arts. He is a first-year graduate student (Master of Music) who studies with Felicia Moye.
- Valerie Sanders, violin, of Greenfield, a 2011 graduate of Divine Savior Holy Angels High School. She is a freshman (Bachelor of Music) majoring in violin performance who studies with Felicia Moye.
- Marissa Reinholz, viola, of Mequon, a 2009 graduate of Homestead High School. She is a junior (Bachelor of Arts) majoring in viola performance who studies with Sally Chisholm.
- Taylor Skiff, cello, of Mequon, who was home-schooled. He is a senior (Bachelor of Music) majoring in cello performance who studies with Uri Vardi.
- David Pierringer, flute, of Milwaukee, a 2008 graduate of Pius XI High School. He is a senior (Bachelor of Arts) majoring in flute performance and communication arts who studies with Stephanie Jutt.
- Eamonn Ferguson, horn, of Waterloo, who was home-schooled. He is a junior (Bachelor of Arts) majoring in horn performance who studies with Daniel Grabois.
For information about the UW-Madison School of Music, see http://music.wisc.edu.