The afternoon started perfectly at the Waukesha County fair grounds Wednesday afternoon, but the forecast quickly turned dark as black clouds billowed over residents around 7 p.m.
Fair officials announced over the loud speakers at 6 p.m. that a severe weather watch was in effect, and people at the event should seek shelter in the expo center. Before long, officials were making the rounds to stands telling them to close-up for the evening, as extremely high winds and thunderstorms were confirmed to be rolling through at any minute.
So, while fairgoers enjoyed the party while it lasted, it was cut short around 8 p.m. This is what you should know for the rest of the week at the fair.
What You Need to Know
- Dates and Hours: Wednesday, 3-10 p.m.; Thursday, noon-11 p.m.; Friday, noon to midnight; Saturday, 10 a.m. – midnight; Sunday, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Prices: Adults, $9; Youth (6-12) $3; Children 5 and under, free
- Parking: $5 (free motorcycle parking)
- Wednesday (opens at 3 p.m.): Double Dollar Day, $2 admission, $2 parking
- Thursday: Beat the Clock, $5 admission before 3 p.m., $3 admission for seniors age 62 and older, free admission with valid military ID.
- Saturday: Potawatomi day, first 5,000 guests over the age of 21 will receive a special slot offer
- Sunday: Beat the Clock, $5 admission before 1 p.m.
- Thursday: My Darkest Days, 8 p.m.
- Friday: Foreigner, 8 p.m.
- Saturday: Cinderella, 8 p.m.
- Sunday: Craig Morgan, 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., every ride is one ticket
- Thursday: 1-6 p.m. $20 unlimited rides; 6-11 p.m. $20 unlimited rides
- Friday: 1-11 p.m. $23 unlimited rides
- Saturday: Noon-5 p.m. $20 unlimited rides
- Sunday: Noon-8p.m. $23 unlimited rides